COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: Fortville, IN
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Business Development
TYPE: Full-Time, Salary, Supervisory Responsibilities
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Hales Industries, Inc. leverages the premium efficiency equipment we manufacture to create energy efficient facilities. The Construction Project Manager, under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete large scale HVAC projects with assigned customers both internationally and within the United States. (Travel Required)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review plans, specifications, submittals and other contract documents to create a job plan for the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops scope, terms, and conditions to secure pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers (mechanical and electrical sub-contractors).
- Selects the best contractor/vendor which meets project objectives. Initiates and chairs regular meetings with vendors/sub-contractors to monitor progress and validate project plan.
- Procure necessary equipment and materials.
- Control job cost, closely monitoring project spend. Completes monthly audit of current and future job costs to complete project re-estimate.
- Collaborates with other internal departments and provides necessary information as it relates to the project.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to all safety standards. Drives jobsite behavior to ensure full compliance with company and customer safety plans.
- Creates detailed CPM schedules to accurately reflect project plans. Manages required resources (internal labor, subcontractors, and vendors) to drive timely and cost effective installation.
- Proactively drives completion of assigned projects.
- Creates schedule of values and invoice plan which creates and maintains positive cash flow throughout the project life.
- Generates and follows consistent and detailed project plan with specific planning to forecast equipment labor and resources needed for successful job progress.
- Professionally represents Hale Industries in all project and customer meetings and interactions.
- Documents project status and performance.
- Proactively identifies roadblocks and bottlenecks that could delay job progress and coordinates all necessary resources to minimize or reduces these.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
ALL ASSOCIATES MUST FOSTER AND INSPIRE THE “TEAM” ENVIRONMENT
- Minimum of a technical Associates Degree with two years of field experience or two years of equivalent related field experience in the HVAC industry.
- Working knowledge of major building systems, design and operation. Ability to read and interpret facility blueprints.
- Previous experience in an HVAC environment in engineering and/or operations.
- Prior experience working on a military base or dealing with military personnel a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experiencing using Microsoft Project a plus.
- Fluent in English (speak/read/write) – bilingual in Japanese (speak/read/write) is a plus.
- Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (some statistical analysis experience preferred).
- Effective oral/written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to seek solutions and additional training on their own as needed.
- Valid Passport or ability to obtain one.
- The selected candidate may be required to submit to fingerprinting, drug screening, and additional background investigations in connection with this position to obtain certain levels of security clearance.
- Travel required for particular projects. May consist of local, national, or international travel depending on the project.